Saturday, July 9, 2011

Leavenworth

Leavenworth

Raj and I visited Leavenworth, a cutesy little Bavarian-ish town a couple hours away last weekend. Located on the eastern side of the mountains, it was actually hot there! (For us, anyways.) We had forgotten what it's like to be sweating in the heat. I think we might need to make some more Eastern WA visits this summer in preparation for India, otherwise the heat there will really be a shock!

Leavenworth

And it wouldn't be a trip if we didn't visit a yarn shop! The yarn shop in Leavenworth is in the process of closing, unfortunately for them, but fortunately for me because all the yarn was on sale! I got two skeins of sock yarn. :)

Leavenworth

Leavenworth is a bit amusing to me. The town was established during the railroad years. In the 1960s, they decided that they would market themselves as a Bavarian village to attract tourists (it works, the place was packed!) so all the buildings in downtown have kitschy decor.

We only visited for a few hours, but I think it would be nice to plan a weekend--there are all sorts of outdoorsy things to in the area.

No comments: