Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Needle: US3 and US6
Pattern: Hermione Hearts Ron (ravelry project page)
Another movie-inspired knit! I remember seeing this hat in the movie and thinking it wouldn't be hard to re-create. Thankfully, someone else did the work! Though I did modify the crown decreases significantly (details on the ravelry page).
Not the first finished object of 2012, but the first one that's been photodocumented. :) This hat was a quick, fun knit. My hands did cramp a bit using the US3s for the brim, but I'm so happy with the result, it was worth it. The yarn is left over from a scarf I made for Tracie P.B. (pre-blog). This hat took nearly all of the 77g I had remaining. Yea for using yarn from the stash!
Rare to have a hat fit my large head so well! (I guess that's what comes of using larger yarn and needles than called for without decreasing the number of stitches cast on).