Tuesday, January 6, 2015

FO: Smocked Tunic

My first finished object of 2015 is a little sweater for Erin. The pattern is Smocked and the yarn is cascade 220 superwash (leftover from a baby blanket I made about 5 years ago).

I love the puffed sleeves and the smocking panel. Nice girly details. I changed the bottom edge from the ribbing called for in the pattern to a folded picot hem. 

I also modified the construction of the beginning--omitting the button panel in the back and instead working it in the round. This worked great for me. I'm so happy with the finished result. It's hip length now; hopefully this garment will last through the spring. 

First item in my #15in15 challenge--"other" category. Also used stash yarn!

All details are on my Ravelry project page

No comments: