Saturday, January 24, 2015

Embracing the unknown!

Aka The Joys of the Mystery Knit Along

My latest project is a shawlette, part of a mystery knit along (MKAL). So far, one clue in, I'm having fun. But I'm also a tiny bit nervous.

For this MKAL, I trust the designer, I've knit many of her designs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) and have faith this one will turn out well. I've made a handful of other MKAL projects that I liked (1, 2, 3, 4), but I have been burned twice recently. 

First burn was only minor--really, when it said the finished object would be a scarf, I should have just stopped right there. Not a scarf fan here. But I went along and made it anyways. It was fun to make, but I have no idea what to do with the finished scarf. It's a bit wacky :-/



The other burn was of such severity that I frogged the project after a few clues when I realized just what it was going to be like. The item itself seems nice enough but I would never use a bulky weight poncho-type thing, and I had decided that it would be something I'd keep, so I decided to find another purpose for the yarn. 

Here's my progress with my latest MKAL, the Follow Your Arrow 2 pattern by Ysolda. 


No comments: