Friday, July 31, 2009

1 vest, 2 vest

Red vest, blue vest! I'm making matching vests for 2 boys with birthdays next month.

IMG_2327

The red one is for the soon-to-be 2 year old. The blue one will be for his soon-to-be 4 year old brother. The yarn is Lion Brand Cotton-ease and the pattern is a free one from Lion Brand. I modified it a bit to make it a more pleasant garment to knit by knitting into the round until the arm pits; weaving the shoulder seams using kitchener stitch; working the neckband and armbands as continuous circles. I hate seaming. Also, I mirrored the cables for aesthetics.

In addition to the vests, each boy will be getting a pair of socks--because when a 3-year-old says he needs a new pair of knitted socks, how can you say no???

IMG_2330

The 2 year old's socks are made out of left over Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in a colorway that reminds me so much of the Sounders FC. :) Note the penny for scale. Little socks are so cute!

And, in honor of our passing heat wave, I made a hat!

IMG_2331

That is, of course, Turn a Square. I used some left over Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted and a little bit of Noro Kureyon that was flowing around the stash.

I'm STILL plugging away on that purple shawl, but I've finally reached the last chart and have about 6.5 more rows to go. I'm getting really bored of it, and I just want to get it off the needles. The long rows are starting to feel like punishment. That being said, I've been plotting which shawl I'll make next. :)

No comments: