Monday, August 3, 2009

An experiment

IMG_2356

You know what that means! I'm blocking the purple blob. Finally! Which brings us to the experiment I'm conducting: can I block this shawl on the floor of my apartment without the cat bothering it? I sure hope so. I planned on blocking it on the table using those handy knitter's block puzzle pieces, but it proved to be just a bit too large. I may end up locking Butters out of the living room for the night if I decide he's not trustworthy (he's probably not).

As soon as I put the purple blob into soak, I cast on for a 2nd purple blob! I had a whole 52 grams of the J. Knits Lace-a-licious left over, and decided to knit a shawl from a much simpler pattern that will require far less concentration.

Went for a little day hike on the eastern edge of Mt. Rainier National Park yesterday with the fam. Naches Peak Loop Trail. It was a good hike, though we spent about twice as long in the car, which was kinda lame.

IMG_2342

The wildflowers were in full bloom, and they were just lovely! There were lots of people on the trail. The views were absolutely stunning.

IMG_2353

I wish it was closer to home, but we have those hours in the car to thank for the finishing of the purple pangea shawl. :)

No comments: