Monday, April 6, 2009

Some finished stuff

In Knitting: A couple of recently finished objects. First, those brown socks that I started about a month ago, right after I arrived in Seattle, finally done. I used the paraphernalia (link) pattern, but set it up to do the socks toe-up. I used the widdershins (link) heel formula, modified to fit the number of stitches I had, and I’m very pleased with out these turned out. The color is understated but the cable pattern is fun.

Natura Paraphernalia

Natura Paraphernalia

Natura Paraphernalia

Second, the St. Patty’s Day socks, unfortunately not complete by the named day, but oh well (blame the lace). I just love the Noro Kureyon sock yarn. These socks feel very substantial, more like slippers than socks. And the colorway is pleasantly rustic. I did a simple 2x2 garter rib on the leg of these to give them a little bit of texture but nothing so much that it would detract from the beauty of the yarn.

St Patty's Day Socks

St Patty's Day Socks

St Patty's Day Socks

These green socks are part of my thank you gift to Melisa for letting me crash at her place for 3 weeks. Along with a bottle of wine by this company called Middle Sister (link)(which, btw, I totally bought at Target—who would’ve thought that you could buy wine at Target in WA).
With both of these projects complete, I couldn’t be without something to knit, so I’ve started 2 new (italics) pairs of socks (so much for being sick of socks LINK). One pair is using leftovers from 2 previous projects, and the other is with some STR lightweight in an awesome colorway called Lemongrass.

Yesterday was the big move. Thanks to all the helpers, it went fairly smoothly. Now I’m left with the huge task of unpacking and organizing everything.

No comments: