Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pretties

Knitting: The great thing about being purposefully unemployed--lots of knitting time. Which is how I managed to cruise through the back of the Modern Lace Henley. Progress shot:

modern lace henley progress

Given my gauge issues, I'm knitting the numbers of the medium size, but getting measurements that should be appropriate for me, but if it ends up being too small, I'll give it away. The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend, and, as often happens with me knitting cotton, it's a pain in the hands. Cotton just doesn't have the give of wool. If this sweater doesn't end up fitting me, I'll knit it again with some other kind of fiber.

Yarn: I just had to buy this yarn last weekend. Isn't the colorway gorgeous? Perhaps I was inspired by all the blooming daffodils everywhere.

noro taiyo 8

Music: Pretty new tunes from Death Cab For Cutie, courtesy of their little Open Door EP, released yesterday, and hastily downloaded by yours truly from Amazon MP3s (9 times out of 10, Amazon is a better deal than iTunes, and without that pesky 5 computers bit).

Apartment: So clean!

IMG_1576 IMG_1578 IMG_1579 IMG_1580 IMG_1581

And my view of the skyline last night during sunset.

sunset view 4 14 09

Funny:



The dogs really wanted to help us make Easter dinner.

No comments: