Monday, March 2, 2009

A day late

I was sooooo close to finishing this red tee by my goal: 2/28. Only 1 day late, which is acceptable considering that I wasted a week on this thing. I opted for shorter sleeves--I like it like it like this:

Red sixteen-point tee

Red sixteen-point tee

Now that my February sweater is done, I'm antsy to get started on my March sweater. Unfortunately, the yarn is packed away in one of the 19 boxes at my mom's office. I only have one ball of sock yarn here, and I tried to cast on for a pair of socks, but the needle I should use with this yarn is currently being used by another project, so that will have to wait. What's a girl to do without yarn for a project??? Go scope out one of the local yarn stores, of course! I hiked (literally) up to the top of Queen Anne Hill to check out Hilltop Yarn. It's a cute little shop in an old house. I wasn't too impressed with their selection. But I did get a skein of Noro Kureyon sock yarn (color 236--gray, green, teal). I think I'm just going to make plain socks with this; no pattern to distract from the colors.

While up on QA, I stopped by the library and signed up for a library card. I really like it up there--it would be awesome to live there, though it's a bit out of the way. It was a gorgeous today! I know you Eastcoasters are experiencing the lion-y aspects of March's entrance, but here, it's full-on lamb. Shops were leaving their doors and windows open. I saw people in shorts and tank tops!

Blue skies! 2

In addition to my wanderings at the top of QA, I also spent some time browsing the offerings of Easy Street at the bottom of the hill. Right now I'm listening to one of my finds: Rufus sings Judy (Rufus Wainwright at Carnegie Hall). :D Fun stuff.

No comments: