Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bzzz Bzzz

I had an Aha! moment the other day, plugging away at this Bee Fields Shawl. After working about 1/2 of the first repeat of the bee swarm section, suddenly--I saw the bees!

Bee Fields Shawl

Do you see them?

Bee Fields Shawl

How about now?

Bee Fields Shawl

They're so cute! I'm onto the second repeat of the bee swarm section of the shawl. Still in love. Though I keep being reminded of a cardinal rule of charted lace knitting: do not try to knit lace when you're super sleepy. You WILL make mistakes! Thankfully, none of my mistakes have required much more than ticking back 10 or 20 stitches.

What I've been cooking: I've been cooking a lot lately, but I always neglect to take photos of the yumminess I craft. Today I made some of my Grandma Vernie's super yummy triple chocolate cake-ies.

Triple Chocolate Cake-ies

Ingredients: 1 package of moist chocolate cake mix. 2 eggs. 1/2 cup butter or margerine. 1 tsp vanilla (I forgot this, and they were still tasty). 6oz chocolate chips (1/2 bag). 1/2 cup walnut pieces. Mix together. Bake rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Frost if desired. They're super yummy.

Triple Chocolate Cake-ies


Today, I emraced my inner nerd and went to the main branch of the library to watch The Great Debate.

The Great Debate

Harry Potter vs. Twilight. The debate was conducted between 2 teams of 3 high school girls. Now, it's obvious to me that Harry Potter is the better fantasy series for so many reasons. I just went for the spectacle. And spectacle it was! Hehe.

Stay tuned, coming up next on Bird About Town, a review of Neko Case's new CD, and a bit about what I've been reading. :)

No comments: