Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Buttons!

What I've been knitting: The purple cardi is off the needles and blocking on the living room floor. My goal (to wear it in Boston this weekend) will be met! I went shopping today for buttons. I ended up at Pacific Trimmings on W 38 St.

Pacific trimmings

I got some lovely pale wood buttons that remind me so much of drift wood and the beach. I also got little purple buttons to use as stabilizers on the inside.

IMG_1321

The sweater is blocking to hopefully just the right size (I measured it and everything!) and I'm so excited to wear it. I really love the color and the pattern. I would definitely make it again! I'll have some finished object pics next week.

In the mean time, I'm plotting my next project. I've decided it will be a Baby Surprise Jacket. I'm going to use some leftover cascade 220 superwash in purple and white, and some yarn that I dyed myself that's a strange mix of red, white and purple. I'm not really sure what size sweater I'm going to make--I'm just gonna wing it!

What I've been watching: I saw Milk today, which leaves only 4 more movies that I want to see before 2/22 (The Class, The Reader, Waltz with Bashir, and Doubt). What a good movie! Excellently done, quality acting throughout, moving. If only all of history could be told like this. I'm not sure how this one stacks up against Frost/Nixon or Slumdog Millionaire. Possibly better than both? I'm not sure.

Tomorrow I go back to work for 3 days. I have to go write my official resignation letter now; I can put it off no longer! Then to Boston this weekend for a quick trip so that I'll be back in time to go to jury duty on Monday. I think it's kind of fitting that I'm finishing my time in NYC with a stint on jury duty. I better not get called for a case.

No comments: