Sunday, January 25, 2009

And the #1 threat? BEARS!!!

What I've been knitting: Recently finished this little brown bear bonnet for sister's nephew.

IMG_1313

IMG_1315

I used this pattern, knit the numbers for adult size since I knew my gauge would be off, but I'm still afraid that it might be too small for it's destined 3 year old. The top down bonnet pattern is simple (I also made one for myself, pics to follow); the yarn, Classic Elite Fresco, was a delight; overall, I'm very pleased with this project. For the bear's ears, I used the elephant ears from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, with an extra decrease row. For the face, I used this as inspiration:



And now, a completely unrelated video, for you, Mom:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the video! Do you see? You can't play the ukulele and not smile at least a little. So much fun!