Tuesday, September 8, 2015

FO: Camping Socks


Pattern: Camping Socks (my own design) (ravelry page)
Yarn: Knit Picks Felcici (rustic cabin colorway)
Needle: 2.5mm Addi 


Started these socks while camping with the family. I love the texture of the waffle stitch pattern. 


And the stitch pattern on the leg, from Barbara Walker's 1st Treasury, is called Little Tents, but to me it looks like trees--either way, it's fitting for camping!


Socks were worked 2-at-time from the toe up. Cast on using Judy's Magic Cast On. Cast of using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. Used almost all of the two balls of Felici. 


Note: both socks were knit pulling the yarn from the center--the stripes are going in opposite directions! This was annoying at first, but now I like it--took off any pressure to make stripes match. 

1 comment:

Aunt Jill said...

I was there when these socks were started. They turned out great!