Friday, December 27, 2013

FO: Unoriginal Hat for a big head


Yarn: Punta Tarns Meritwist Hand Paint

For the first time in a long time, I didn't make Christmas gifts, except for E's Christmas sweater, and this hat which I made for a friend in Iowa. The yarn had been in my stash since NYC, I think; glad it finally got used.

This pattern was easy enough; I basically knit this hat twice. :-/ I didn't do a gauge swatch, and was working crown decreases on the first attempt when I went to try this on--WAY too tight. So I frogged, added another chart repeat. I also changed the crown decreases so that the hat would be long enough to cover my ears. It's still tight on me, but my head is big, so hopefully it'll fit my friend. All details of my modifications are on my ravelry page. I would definitely knit this again, though either with bigger needles and bigger yarn, or repeating the mods I used for this one. 

No comments: