Thursday, February 10, 2011

FO: Replacement Hat

Gray Beret

Pattern: Beckett Beret (rav link)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease

Once upon a time, I knit my sisters slouchy hats. Then one sister had an infestation of some sort of horrible bug and had to hastily wash everything in her possession...including the lovely wool slouch hat, which came out itty bitty. Cue her request for a replacement hat. This time, I knit it out of washable yarn.

Gray Beret

This pattern had enough of a pattern to keep it interesting, while still remaining simple. I modified the pattern a bit--I cast on fewer stitches (96), I went up one needle size after the ribbing. If I knit this design again, I'll modify it further--the top of it came out annoyingly pointy. The pattern calls for two plain knit rows between decrease rows at the top, but I would knit only one plain round for a less pointy top. I would also go up another needle size for the body to give the fabric better drape. Melisa seemed to like it enough, though.

Gray Beret

No comments: