Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reveal!

My TTL Mystery Socks, which I have dubbed Ketchup Plant Socks.



TTL Mystery Socks



Because they are just the color of ketchup! (And yes, I know the ketchup plant is really the tomato, but whatever.) The yarn is ShiBuiKnits merino sock yarn, which I have used a couple of other times. I like the softness of it and the vibrant color. It's superwash, but I'm not sure how well it actually holds up because I've never kept a pair of socks made from this yarn.



TTL Mystery Socks



I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep this pair--my sock collection does need some serious revamping. These were fun to knit, and I'm very happy with the way they turned out. I knit them almost entirely while at work--only the toes were done at home.



TTL Mystery Socks


The only thing that's holding me back from keeping them is the pattern. I think I'm more likely to wear plain ol' handknit socks than socks with a fancy pattern like this. Which brings me to my newest knit-at-work project! Some simple socks made from pretty self-striping Opal I bought last week at Weaving Works. Those machine printed stripes are oddly entrancing. I should be done with these socks in no time.

No comments: