Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vest update

The vests, wee socks and nap sacks made their way to a birthday party on Saturday. The blue vest fit Logan really well, with a little length for growth.

Blue vest

He was so excited when he pulled open the little napsack and pulled out the vest and socks. The gifts were definitely a hit with Logan.

Blue vest

Dylan lost interest in opening gifts after #2, a dress up set of knight's gear--shield, helmet, sword. I managed to get his vest onto him while he was sitting in the PowerWheels Jeep the boys got from their parents.

Red vest

Unfortunately, his vest is just a tad too short. So I'm going to figure out some way to add length to the bottom of the bottom. Here's what I'm thinking: since it was knit bottom up, and I want to preserve the cable pattern, I'll add the length just above the ribbing at the bottom. This might be a bit tricky, but I'll figure it out.

In non-knitting news, I've been experimenting with letting the cat outside for short periods of time. He goes out, explores, eats some grass, then comes back in.

Explorer

Sometimes, though, he's not ready to come in when I want him to, so I have to go get him and bring him in. In this case, he spends anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours crying at the door, wanting to go back out. It's pretty annoying.

No comments: