Sunday, January 1, 2012

FO: Bella's Mittens

Bella's Mittens

Pattern: Bella's Mittens (ravelry project page)
Yarn: Cascade Eco +

These mittens were part of Tracie's Christmas gift. A fun, quick pattern. My first time using Cascade Eco +, and I really liked it. It may be a bit too thick for practical use in Seattle winter accessories. We'll see. The skein is freakin' huge! So I have tons of this purple left.

After knitting nearly one complete mitten, I realized it was just too small, so I frogged it and re-knit using US9 needles. The resulting mittens are still a bit snug/short for my hands, but they fit Tracie perfectly. The cabling was fun--I recommend trying "cabling without a cable needle" if you haven't done so yet (just google it for instructions). It's really easy and helps speed things along.

No comments: