Friday, March 11, 2011

FO: Potholders for swapping!

Crochet Potholders (Fronts)

Pattern: Ripple Potholder
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale (cotton, mercerized)
Hook: G (4mm)

Tada! My potholders for the Potholder Swap. Above, the fronts; below, the backs.

Crochet Potholders (Backs)

These were great fun to make. I'm glad that I did my practice ones--got my crochet muscles toned before jumping in for these. Prior to hooking, I did a bit of planning for the colors of each potholder.

Crochet Potholder Planning

As I was crocheting along, the potholders ended up too big, so I omitted the final round before the border, so the color schemes were slightly altered from my plan. But I'm still happy with the result.

Potholder #1 Potholder #2 Potholder #3 Potholder #4 Potholder #5

From left to right, potholders 1-5. Crocheting potholders is a great way to play with color, something I'm a bit timid at. And while I was planning these, I did tons of browsing at all sorts of crochet projects and I'm already visualizing my future crochet projects.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Pretty! You inspire me to learn more crochet!