Monday, January 31, 2011

Progress report

One of my current projects is this pair of socks, knit in Schoppel-Wolle Ambiente, a lovely self-striping, springy yarn.

Blues and Browns Socks

Notice how long the repeat is! From the top of the leg cuff to the point indicated by my finger. I was in awe as I was knitting it--I've never knit a pair of socks where the repeat was this long. The yarn is sold in 50g balls, and with a repeat this long, it will be quite challenging to match the two socks...so I'm not even going to try. Hehe.

Also of note in this pair of socks: I'm working a short-row heel over 60% of the stitches. What a difference this makes! Usually I feel like short-row heels are too constrictive over my ankle--but this sock is way better!

DSC_0033

All the yarn that was left after knitting the first sock. I was a bit worried there about running out of yarn.

No comments: