Thursday, October 3, 2013

FO: Baby Yours (aka Tedious Gray)


Pattern: Baby Yours (ravelry project page)
Yarn: Socks that Rock Mediumweight in "every day gray"
6 month size 

Made this sweater last fall for a coworker's baby. Pleased with the results. But man! This sweater was tedious. First, trouble with gauge swatch not matching gauge of actual sweater (negative reinforcement for gauge swatching). To decrease seaming, I picked up stitches for the sleeves and worked down to the cuff. Not pleased with the way the garter stitch above and below the cable puckers. 

If I make this again, I would changed the checkerboard stitch to stockinette or seed stitch. I'd work the body in one piece to eliminate seaming. And I'd work to eliminate the puckering at the cable top/bottom. 

The yarn was great--hope to work with it again soon. 

No comments: