Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello Fall


Leaves are turning, the sky is grey. Rain is in the forecast. It's fall! AKA the beginning of wool season.

Fall Colors, Ballard


Thought I'd share a bit about our summer quilt before I pack it away.


Summer Quilt


Made from two thrifted queen-size sheets, with cotton batting, and fun contrast binding. I quilted this in straight diagonal lines and diamond shapes with three different colors of thread. The quilting was actually done last summer, but I dawdled on the binding, and didn't do that step until early this summer.

Summer Quilt

I particularly love the binding fabric, "Damask Dot" in pomegranate by Tula Pink. Like pixelated art. Now time to pack this away until next year.

Love this great window spider web at the art store in our 'hood. Just masking tape--what a great idea!

Masking tape spider web

No comments: