Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WIP Wednesday

In an effort to increase the regularity with which I update this blog, I'm going to try some day theme type things. So, today's the first WIP Wednesday. (We'll see how long this lasts...)

The chief WIP continues to be the felt/sequin stocking. I'm nearly at the threshold for this project, though--the threshold of how much more I can take. At first, the details and meticulousness of it was nice. But, if I'm not done by the end of this week, I'm going to have to put it aside for a month or so, for the sake of my sanity. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that I could finish it this week. We'll see.


This past weekend I whipped up a little wall-hanging for a friend who is getting married in Africa next month. I used paper-piecing for the letters, and so far I've done a bit of simple machine quilting in the letters. Upon the recommendation of my quilting teacher (hehe), I'm going to do a bit of stipling in the white areas, but this will have to wait a bit--I don't have a darning foot for my machine.





A WIP that's closer to being a FO is a little lace baby sweater I started while we were in Maui. The style is a bit remniscent of EZ's February Baby Sweater, though this sweater was worked from the bottom up. I'm starting to think this sweater might be pre-mie sized. Oh well. I used Noro Kureyon sock yarn, which is so lovely. So maybe it will end up being a lovely sweater for a stuffed bear or something. (Sorry, no pic at this moment).
Finally, though it barely qualifies as a WIP, I have made 2 gauge swatches for the Katarina sweater. A LYS is having a knit-along for this sweater, and I'm excited to participate. I'm using Dream in Color Classy in a lovely black-brown color--I have high hopes that this sweater will turn out to be very wearable; I went against my instincts by picking a neutral color so that I might have a versatile FO. :)

No comments: