Saturday, June 18, 2011

FO: Pink Baby Cardi

Pink Cardi

Pattern: Louise Cardigan from Vintage Baby Knits (ravelry page)
Yarn: Pagewood Farm Yukon
Size: 3-6 mo

This project was great on many levels: Uses less than 1 skein of sock yarn; Minimal seaming; Simple directions; Adorable result. The yarn is wool, bamboo and nylon, and the bamboo lends a nice sheen to the fabric. I did soak this with a bit of vinegar because I sensed there would be some color-bleed, and I was happy to see only minimally pink-tinted water when I pulled the sweater from the vinegar bath.

I considered leaving the buttons off. The neck seems a bit small to me. I'm not sure who I'll give this to (maybe my sister-in-law if her baby is a girl), but I'll suggest to the eventual recipient that they remove the buttons and just let it be an open cardi.


Pink Cardi

The book that this pattern is from, Vintage Baby Knits, is chock full of adorable baby/toddler patterns. This is the first thing I've knit from the book, but I do anticipate making at least a few more of the patterns. My sister gave me the book for Christmas as a not-so-subtle hint. :P

I kind of want to make myself a grown up version of this sweater. The stitch patterns at the neck and sleeve cuffs are fun, and I can totally picture a grown up version of this in a lovely pale gray. Hmmm...

No comments: