Monday, June 29, 2009

Eunice Report

Finished weaving in the ends on my Eunice socks today. So add these ones to the stack of socks waiting to be given away to someone with similarly sized feet to my own.

Eunice socks

First, let me say, I enjoyed knitting these socks. And I'm pleased with the finished product. But they were a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to from sock knitting, kinda fiddly with things being cabled front and back, and it took me a long time to memorize the charts (like the entire first sock), but challenging is good.

Eunice socks

I was concerned with how they would fit, given the number of stitches hanging out on the needles, but those cables snug things up just right. I really like how the pattern continues down into the heel flap. And this yarn was great to work with--ShibuiKnits Sock.

Eunice socks

Cast on today for a new pair of socks, simple Columbine Peak by Cat Bhordi. And I'm just about done with the Noro Kureyon Sock February Baby Sweater (aka, Baby Sweater of Many Colors).

No comments: