Monday, March 30, 2009

Music to my ears!

The blue bee shawl is done!

blue bee shawl--all done!

Ends woven in, but still needs to be blocked. This will have to wait until after the move. Even unblocked, this shawl is bigger than either of my 2 previous--and I made the "petite" size. Good thing I didn't go for the "tall" size. This is all the yarn that was left over:

What remained

Only 5 grams!

I made broccoli onion quiche for dinner tonight.

Onion broccoli quiche

I used Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian for the crust recipe and for guidance with the fillings. Here's what went into the filling:
  • 5 smallish eggs
  • A little less than 2 cups of minced white onion--sauteed until super soft
  • 3 cloves of pressed garlic
  • 2ish cups of broccoli (originally frozen, then thawed in the microwave), cut into small pieces
  • <1>
  • ~1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper and dry thyme
As directed by the recipe, I used the food processor to make the dough, and it turned out great! I (heart) quiche.

Onion broccoli quiche

No comments: